Friday, November 21, 2014

Not that Bride Again!

11/21/14 Diamine Sargasso Sea ink, Caran d'Ache
Museum water-soluble colored pencil,
Canson all-media paper
With dismay, I walked into Gage’s life drawing open studio this morning to find that the same model I had sketched more than a month ago was again wearing the same bridal gown in the same pose. I’d forgotten that the Friday morning long-pose sessions were still reserved for “Artist’s Choice,” so the same artist was still working on her painting. But I’d driven over in the pouring rain – why not stay and make the best of it?

Despite the model’s mundane pose, I had to admit that the dress was a fun challenge – all those voluminous folds of fabric were good practice. I sketched her three times – once each in water-soluble pencil, fountain pen ink and India ink with a twig. By the fourth sketch, I was bored with her; I turned 90 degrees and sketched the other artists.

(This makes 53 sketches for NaNoDrawMo!)


11/21/14 India ink, twig, Canson all-media paper
11/21/14 Caran d'Ache Museum water-soluble colored
pencil, Canson drawing paper
11/21/14 Diamine Chocolate Brown ink, Museum
pencils, Canson all-media paper

1 comment:

  1. LOL Sometimes the other artists are just as interesting or more interesting than the model. Good sketches! I like how you handled the billowy fabric in the gown.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...