Thursday, November 6, 2014

Homework at the MOHAI

11/6/14 Diamine Sapphire and Pilot Iroshizuku Kiri-same
inks, Zig markers, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
Gabi Campanario was signing his new book, Seattle Sketcher, at the Museum of History and Industry this morning, and Greg and I have been meaning to get over to the museum again, so it was a good opportunity to head over to South Lake Union.

After Gabi autographed my books (I brought along my copy of Architecture and Cityscapes, too), Greg and I went to see the newest exhibit, “Shalom! Open for Business: Tales of Jewish Merchants in Washington State,” as well as some old favorites.

After my frustrating afternoon yesterday, however, my ulterior motive was to look for a sketch for Veronica Lawlor’s Sketchbook Skool assignment: Sketch small groupings of people, observing the “stories” told by their expressions and gestures. From the second floor railing, I looked down over the kids’ activity table, where a boy was making something out of paper with his mom (in the hat) and a museum volunteer. It was an interesting but challenging perspective, and I only had a little time before our parking meter was to expire, but I hope I captured enough of the “story” to turn in the assignment!

Gabi signs books for one of his biggest fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...