Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Two Themes in One

4/15/14 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Canson XL 140 lb. paper
With all the trees mashed by power lines that I’ve been sketching lately, and with all the blossoming cherry trees I’ve been trying to catch before they disappear, I kept hoping to find a cherry tree that had been split by power lines so that I could sketch two themes in one.

That tree turned out to be just around the corner on Fifth Avenue Northeast, but I hadn’t noticed earlier because I have to pay attention to cars while I make the turn onto my street at that intersection.

Yesterday I guess I wasn’t paying as much attention to cars, because suddenly there it was – two cherries, in fact. They’re not quite as badly mutilated as some trees I’ve sketched, but it’s impressive that they are wider than they are tall.

1 comment:

  1. A double whammy! Super!!! Our trees are actually showing buds...yeah! But we woke up to a dusting of snow this morning. I swear this is the endless winter. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...