Thursday, January 2, 2014

Recycle Day

1/2/14 Platinum Carbon ink, Kuretake Bimoji brush pen, watercolor, Canson Montval 140 lb. paper
As far as I’m concerned, this is the very worst time of year in Seattle. The holidays are over, and spring is a long way off. Although we’re on the upside of the solstice, by 3 p.m. on an overcast day (which is most of them), it already looks like twilight. The brightest spot of color I could find was someone’s recycle bin.

As I sketched in my car, the radio reported that another huge snowstorm is on its way to the East Coast and Midwest, where 90 million people are bracing for “bone-chilling cold.” On my way home, it started to rain again, and I decided I was good with that.

(Take care, friends in the East and Midwest!)

4 comments:

  1. This might be silly to ask, but how do you watercolor paint in your car....er..without spilling or having room to mix colors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JIW,

      Easy! I just push my seat all the way back and put my sketchbook on my lap. Paints and mixing tray rest on the cup holder. It's the only way I get any sketching done in the winter! :-)

      - Tina

      Delete
  2. Tina, I had to laugh that the only spot of color you could find was the recycle bin. We survived the storm, but it is mighty cold here. I stayed inside today and painted the view our my window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more, Tina. This is a really 'gray' time of year. I drew hands this afternoon :-(

    Cheers --- Larry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...