Thursday, July 4, 2013

Dry Run at Thornton Creek Channel


7/4/13 Platinum Carbon ink, watercolor, Stillman & Birn Alpha sketchbook
Needing a break from packing and prepping for our trip to Europe, we took a brief walk through Thornton Creek Channel. When I sketched the channel last month, I took a wide view. This time, I closed in on a culvert where a small waterfall pours into the channel. In the foreground were some fuzzy purple flowers that the fat bumblebees really seemed to like.
 
This walk was my dry run for my Nomadic Wise-Walker messenger bag fully packed with all my Urban Sketching Symposium art materials as well as other travel essentials. I sketched and painted this standing, with the bag on my shoulder, as I often do. As long as I’m not tempted to continue filling the bag’s plentiful pockets and compartments, I think I’ll be fine. (The only thing I took out was the water brush filled with Diamine Grey ink that I like to use for shading; it wouldn’t fit in my TSA-approved zip-lock bag.)
 
Have a safe and happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...