Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Finding Solace at the Family Farm


2/19/13 Platinum Carbon Black
2/19/13 Diamine Eclipse
Do you ever have one of those days when every sketch you attempt turns to crap? When every church tower points a long finger of perspectival judgment, and even an ordinary water glass is a million shiny surfaces reflecting doubt and self-criticism?
 
On days like this I retreat to the Woodland Park Zoo’s Family Farm, where the sheep and goats are nothing but forgiving. Chewing cud in the sunshine, blinking lazily with a what-me-worry gaze, they don’t give a shit about today’s sketches. And suddenly, neither do I.

2/19/13 Private Reserve Ultra Black ink, Stillman & Birn Gamma sketchbook

2 comments:

  1. The sheep are always accommodating. Nice sketches of them. Some days sketching can be just frustrating, but I like the way you just moved onto something else. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo, Tina! Why don't you come and preach this to my congregation and me? It's wonderful wisdom.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...