Friday, July 20, 2012

Zoo Compositions


7/19/12 F-C Pitt Artist Pen, watercolor, Hand Book sketchbook

I’ve mentioned previously my attempts to sketch like a photographer – to crop an image in my mind and move in closer to the subject with my eyes. I was back at Woodland Park Zoo’s flamingoes, which I’ve sketched several times before. This time I made a conscious effort to compose the sketch – not just draw the birds.


A little later I stopped for a snack break, but I ended up not taking a break from sketching because the outdoor seating area of the food pavilion had its own “animals” to offer as subjects. Again, I tried to compose this sketch the way a photographer might.

7/19/12 F-C Pitt Artist Pen, watercolor, Hand Book sketchbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...